Banana Pumpkin Bread5:00 AM
For whatever reason, "Banana Pumpkin" sounds better to me than "Pumpkin Banana". Either way you put it, this bread was fantastic! Since I was giving it away, I pretty much stuck to this recipe from Skinnytaste.com. I didn't want anyone getting something funky, nor did I want the experiment to go totally wrong when I was planning to give it away. However, I'm not sure at this point I could really go wrong with banana. (See Banana Oatmeal Muffins, Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins, Banana Carrot Bread, Banana Zucchini Bread, and Banana Blueberry Muffins.)
- 3/4 C unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/2 C whole wheat flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 C pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 C light brown sugar, unpacked
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 325. Grease whatever sort of pan you are using.
- With a mixer, beat your butter and sugar together. Add the pumpkin, egg, and vanilla.
- Mix in your bananas, followed by your dry ingredients.
- Pour your batter into your bread pan(s). Let bake for at least 60 minutes. If you are making muffins, cook for around 18 minutes before checking on them.
While we did give two mini loaves away, we just had to keep one to make sure it was gift-worthy. I promise you, it most assuredly is!