Crock Pot Sante Fe Chicken6:00 AM
I. Love. This. Recipe.
When Clark was gone for round one of his new job, I lived off of it for a good week. Seriously. Serving it over rice, or in a wrap, or just the bean mixture without the chicken (note the vegetarian label)... it's just delicious. And SO easy!
Have I mentioned how much I love my crock pot lately?
Well, I do. I LOVE MY CROCK POT.
OK... on to the recipe.
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 14 oz (I think) can diced tomatoes with chiles
- 15 oz can black beans
- 1/2 to a whole 15 oz can of corn
- 1/3 C fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 C chicken broth/ water with chicken bouillon (or vegetable if you're making this a vegetarian/vegan meal... without the chicken, of course)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin (minimize if you don't want so much spice)
- 1/4 to 3/4 tsp cayenne pepper (you can leave this out if you wish)
- salt to taste
- 3 scallions, chopped
- Combine your tomatoes, beans, corn, cilantro, chicken broth, garlic, and spices in the crock pot. Mix it up nicely.
- Lightly salt your chicken and lay it on top.
- Cook on high for 4 to 6 hours. Somewhere in there, turn the chicken over so it cooks more evenly.
- 30 minutes or so before serving, shred the chicken. Stir it into the mix so it's well combined.
- Top with scallions (not pictured) and serve however you wish! Shredded cheese goes great with this as well.
Want some other crock pot recipes? Check these out!!
Spicy-Sweet Crock Pot Barbecue
Adapted from the fabulous SkinnyTaste.com.