Crock Pot Sante Fe Chicken

6:00 AM


I. Love. This. Recipe.

When Clark was gone for round one of his new job, I lived off of it for a good week. Seriously. Serving it over rice, or in a wrap, or just the bean mixture without the chicken (note the vegetarian label)... it's just delicious. And SO easy!

Have I mentioned how much I love my crock pot lately?

Well, I do. I LOVE MY CROCK POT.

OK... on to the recipe.

Ingredients:

- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 14 oz (I think) can diced tomatoes with chiles
- 15 oz can black beans
- 1/2 to a whole 15 oz can of corn
- 1/3 C fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 C chicken broth/ water with chicken bouillon (or vegetable if you're making this a vegetarian/vegan meal... without the chicken, of course)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin (minimize if you don't want so much spice)
- 1/4 to 3/4 tsp cayenne pepper (you can leave this out if you wish)
- salt to taste
- 3 scallions, chopped

Directions:

- Combine your tomatoes, beans, corn, cilantro, chicken broth, garlic, and spices in the crock pot. Mix it up nicely.

- Lightly salt your chicken and lay it on top.
- Cook on high for 4 to 6 hours. Somewhere in there, turn the chicken over so it cooks more evenly.
Can you see the chicken?

- 30 minutes or so before serving, shred the chicken. Stir it into the mix so it's well combined.
- Top with scallions (not pictured) and serve however you wish! Shredded cheese goes great with this as well.





Want some other crock pot recipes? Check these out!!

Spicy-Sweet Crock Pot Barbecue

Beef Tips

Kansas-Style BBQ




Adapted from the fabulous SkinnyTaste.com.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Looks fantastic, Emily! I did something like this and threw cream cheese in there because someone told me to. TO DIE FOR. But this seems more healthy so I'll probably do it your way next time :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you put thawed or frozen chicken in the crockpot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, I put thawed chicken in there ;). Hope this helps and if turns out well for you!

      Delete