Friday's Letters

6:00 AM

I can scarcely believe it's Friday. I'm really hoping that our weather cooperates so my good friend can visit. The idea of her driving on icy roads to get here on her own isn't very comforting. Last weekend they said we'd get snow and ice and all we got was rain. With my luck, we'll get more snow than they're predicting this time because I don't want it. Pray it isn't so!

Dear iPhone, I have to be shallow and say I am SO excited you have come into my life. To make so many things easier and save so much time. Plus apps like Emoji and Pogo Games (Word Whomp!) are super fun. You just make my life a little brighter. Thank you, dear friend, who got the iPhone 5 and sent me your iPhone 4. You know who you are.

Dear Hubby,


I am so thankful for the hard work you do. You make it possible for me to stay home with Michael by sacrificing so much. On top of that, you still do extra thoughtful things like send me flowers on days you know are going to be tough.
I don't know or care to imagine what my life would be like without you.

Dear texters and emailers, I am so thankful you don't get annoyed with me for not calling. I am thankful we can still connect even if I don't hear your voice. Some texts to me are like instantaneous letters, and if you know me you know I love letters. You help me feel human on days I don't leave the house or interact with anyone other than Michael. Thank you.

Dear Park,
I am so glad we got to enjoy some quality time with you this week. Once again the weather is turning cold and bitter, but we got to have some awesome times running around, sliding, swinging, and so much more. Plus it was spent with good friends. What more could we ask for? Well... perhaps some nice weather so we can do it again very soon!

Dear Self,
Congratulations! You have done wonderfully this week. You've kept the house clean, stayed on track (minus a few chocolate chip cookies) with your healthy eating, written at least 500 words a day, read your OYB, and started reading and writing something new. It is always important to make time for yourself, even when it seems like it's the last thing you should be doing. Well done.

Have a great weekend everyone! Share your special plans in the comments! I'd love to hear about them :).

The idea for this post came from Ashley, of The Sweet Season.

You Might Also Like

0 comments