Pam

6:00 AM


This is not something I really planned on sharing, but it seems to be very heavy on my heart this year.

Eight years ago, when I was fifteen, my best friend went missing. Two and a half years later, when I was just starting college, her remains were found. Her case is still unsolved, and who knows if it ever will be.

I used to always go down the roads of "what if" and "I should have", but today I'd rather just focus on remembering. This was a tragedy. It affected so many people, and each one it affected differently. For me, my best friend going missing shoved me into the real world. When her remains were found, it made me want to truly live, and actually inspired my elopement.



Pam was an amazing individual. We were so young. She was so young. And something awful cut her life short and kept her from truly living. It is so appalling to me how this happens so frequently in our world. The young are taken from us in unnatural ways that should, some how, be preventable.

Pam was smart, loving, caring, funny, particular, detail-oriented, beautiful, odd, determined, motivated, supportive, encouraging... the list could go on and on and on. If you could, please take a moment and say a prayer for her, and all other children who are missing with unsolved cases. In the end, uncertainty is always the worst.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Just found you through Standpipe and Sprinkles, and how sorry I am to read this. I can't imagine what that poor girl went through, along with her family friends, and town. It's such an awful reality that this happens and it seems that the line between being as vigilant and watchful as one can be and being outright scared is a tough one. My thoughts go out to everyone who has gone through and is going through this. So, so tragic. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Christina, and your wonderful words of sympathy. I hope you'll continue to visit the site :).

      Delete