Pear Tarts6:00 AM
New Year's we had a small celebration. Although you may remember that the little one ended up waking and staying up until almost elevan, we enjoyed the last of 2012 as a family.
We also enjoyed some super yummy food... including these! I'm not sure if they're technically tarts, but I didn't know what else to call them.
- Follow the dough instructions/ingredients from the pumpkin pasties recipe.
- Preheat your oven to 350. Spray your muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Roll out your dough or pick of pieces and roll it in your hands. Take sections and line your muffin tins with the dough.
- Cut a pear into small pieces, cubes if you can manage. The pear doesn't have to be extraordinarily ripe, but it should be relatively soft to have the best flavor.
- Fill each muffin tin with somewhere between a teaspoon and tablespoon of pear pieces.
- Drizzle honey over the pear. This part is your preference. I probably used maybe 1/8 tsp of honey for each, but I'm not sure if it was even that much!
- Bake for around 18 to 22 minutes.
- Remove and let sit, giving the melted honey/pear juice time to settle.
- Serve warm and enjoy! Simple and beyond delicious, especially right now when pears are in season!