[Vegan] Pumpkin Crackers6:00 AM
This original recipe was for cookies, and I imagine because we made so many changes they ended up being more like crackers. Michael absolutely loved them, which makes them a win in my book and worth sharing!
- 1 3/4 C flour (I used all-purpose, unbleached but I do think you could use whole wheat)
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp agave syrup or honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Melted Butter
- Cinnamon/Sugar mix
- Preheat your oven to 350. Prepare your cookie sheet with parchment/wax paper or cooking oil.
- Mix together your melted coconut oil, syrup/honey, vanilla, and pumpkin.
- Add your flour and spices to your mix. Kneed the dough until well formed.
- On a lightly floured, roll your dough out very thinly. Use cookie cutters (or pie crust cutters-- mine are here, just a little different since they're a couple years old) to cut the dough into desired shapes. Move to your prepared cookie sheet.
*Optional: If you want to give the crackers more flavor (which I did), lightly brush with butter and sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the top of them.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes (until slightly golden) and remove immediately to a cooling rack.
These are easy and especially fun for kids to help make!