Frosted Pumpkin Spice Cookies6:00 AM
How is it the last week of October already? I'm having a hard time believing it.
Michael and I had a fun time making these cookies and sharing them with two lovely ladies for a dinner get together. They went pretty quickly... as in we all devoured them.
- 2.5 C all-purpose, unbleached flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 C butter, softened
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 C softened butter
- 1/4 C softened cream cheese
- 1 to 1.5 C powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 and prepare your cookie sheet (spray or parchment paper).
- Cream together your butter and sugars. Add the pumpkin, egg, and vanilla to the mixture, beat until well combined.
- Mix in your dry ingredients. Drop on the cookie sheet with a cookie scoop or around 1 to 2 tablespoons per cookie. If desired, flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass (slightly wet with water).
- Cream together the butter and cream cheese.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar (in 1/2 C increments or so) and mix with an electric mixer until thick.
- Add vanilla and cinnamon.
- When cookies are completely cool, spread the frosting on top. Add sprinkles if desired, the definitely make them more seasonally-friendly in my opinion!
These cookies really taste like fall to me.