Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken6:00 AM
I like to keep it simple when Clark's on the road. Let's face it: who wants to spend hours cooking a complicated meal, and then eat it alone? Not this girl. Of course I eat with Michael, but 90% of the time he won't eat what's on the menu. I'm hoping this changes in years to come. It will... right?
This is easy, delicious, and I felt like I was spoiling myself, so a total win. Michael tried a bite and didn't exactly approve, but he's not a meat person right now.
- 6 chicken thighs without the bones (about 1.5 pounds)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce (preferably low salt)
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 1/4 tsps cornstarch
- 2 1/4 tsps water
- Place chicken in crockpot.
- Mix sugar, soy sauce, cider vinegar, ginger, garlic and pepper in a bowl.
- Pour sauce over chicken into the crockpot.
- Cook on low for 2-4 hours (chicken should be soft, easy to separate).
- Take out chicken and place on serving dish (place dish in your microwave to keep warm, or at least cover it).
- Degrease fat from sauce with a flat spoon.
- Place sauce in another pot on your stove and bring to a boil.
- Mix cornstarch and water into the sauce. Stir until combined and sauce is thick.
- Place chicken on top of rice and pour sauce over.
Serve and enjoy!
This recipe was molded from Day Dream Kitchen.