Whole Wheat Pear Muffins

6:00 AM

Guess what? Christmas is ONE MONTH AWAY! Can you believe it? We sang "Go Tell It On The Mountain" yesterday and I was SO EXCITED. I have to admit, every year I end up listening to Christmas music earlier and earlier. But, I mean, come on... who doesn't love Christmas music?

I needed a new muffin recipe. I know, I know. I make a lot of them. I can't help it. Luckily, these are super easy, have little sugar, and are SO YUMMY! I mean, pears in a muffin? If you love pears, you'll love these!


Ingredients:

- 1.25 C pears, chopped
*Note: My pears were REALLY ripe... as in I needed to do something with them, fast. It made the muffins really moist and I loved it that way. I haven't tried it with unripened or not-overly-ripe pears, but I have a feeling they'd be yummy no matter what!*

- 1/4 C milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 C unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 C brown sugar (unpacked)
- 1.5 C whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon

Directions:

- Preheat your oven to 400. Prepare your muffin pan with liners, cooking spray, or both!
- Whisk together your milk, egg, unsweetened applesauce, and brown sugar.
- Stir in your flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon until well combined. It shouldn't be ridiculously thick, but since you're using whole wheat flour it will be thick-ish.
- Fold in your pears.
- Scoop in your muffin tin filling 2/3rds the way full. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Should make exactly 12 muffins!


Michael absolutely devours these. It doesn't surprise me because the kid LOVES pears. The reason we had so many that were too ripe was because he went on a clementine-kick for a while.

Happy Monday!

You Might Also Like

0 comments