White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Blondies

6:00 AM

Confession: I have never baked with white chocolate chips until this year. And I have no idea why.

I am in love.

I've always liked white chocolate, but when it came to baking I just kind of avoided it. I keep regular chocolate chips in the house on a daily basis, but white chocolate? I mean, who really craves white chocolate chip cookies?

Well, Michael has decided he likes "white chips" much better than "chocolate chips" (ha), and I must confess that lately they've been teasing my taste buds as well.

Enter, white chocolate chip pumpkin blondies. AKA dance party in your mouth.


Ingredients:

- 6 tbsp butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 3/4 C + 2 Tbsp unbleached, all purpose flour
- /2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 C white chocolate chips

Directions:

- Preheat your oven to 350 and spray an 8x8 baking dish.
- Using a handheld or standing mixer, cream your butter until fluffy. Add the sugar, vanilla, and egg (separately). Then mix in the pumpkin.
- Add your dry ingredients (pre-combined in a smaller bowl or not is up to you, I like to save dishes!).
- Fold in your white chocolate chips. The mixture may be really thick, and that's perfectly fine!
- Spread the mix as evenly as possible into your 8x8 dish.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes.
Note: The recipe I took this from said 15 to 20 minutes, but mine took A LOT longer to be done. This could just be my oven, so if you want to start with caution set your timer for 15 minutes and go from there. My oven is old and slow.
- Set whole pan on cooling rack and leave it there for a good 10 minutes before cutting into the bars. Whether you serve them warm or at room temperature, they are positively delicious.


This recipe was molded from Lauren's Latest.

You Might Also Like

0 comments