Georgia on my mind

7:04 AM

There is nothing like visiting family for the holidays. Not only does it fulfill the need for traditions and love, it's full of the same family tiffs, teasing, and so much more.

Now, don't misunderstand me. I love my family to pieces. I don't know what I would do if they moved across the ocean again... except look forward to visiting them. It's just my parents and my little sister left. My older sister and I have flown the coop, so it's extra special when we get to visit because my little sister doesn't have to feel like an only child.

This is the first Thanksgiving we've gotten to be with my family within the three years of our marriage. It just wasn't very practical to fly to Germany for a weekend, which is why we had to resort to Christmas holiday vacation to visit. Clark has never experienced our simple Thanksgiving, so I'm hoping he enjoys it today.

There will be three seats open that should normally be filled: my older sister, Katie, her husband,Tim, and my great Uncle Gene. My Uncle is now to old to travel, my older sister is pregnant and therefore unable to fly, and her husband is currently at work in Alaska. It's always heart wrenching when your family is scattered for a holiday. Though Clark and I get to be with the three amigos of Georgia, it will feel very small compared to what it used to be like when I was younger.

Be Thankful for all who are surround your Thanksgiving area, eat a bunch of turkey, and take a nice long nap. By the way, The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade starts at 9am... go watch it!

Happy Thanksgiving!

You Might Also Like

0 comments