Chocolate Chip Coffee Muffins5:00 AM
Nothing like a muffin that has coffee in it already. I'm not saying skip your morning cup (or two, or three)... but these muffins will help give you just a tiny kick if you need it! Not to mention, they're delicious!
- 2/3 C milk (I used skim)
- 5 tbsp butter, melted
- 3 tbsp instant coffee granules
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 C whole wheat flour
- 1 C all-purpose, unbleached flour
- 1/2 C sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 400 and prepare your muffin pan.
- Mix together your milk, butter, coffe, vanilla, and egg. Make sure the coffee is well blended.
- Next, mix together your dry ingredients (expect the chocolate chips). Make a well in the center of them.
- Pour your butter mix into the middle of your flour mix. Stir until well blended, then add your chocolate chips.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean (no uncooked muffin sticking to it).
Enjoy! As you can see, I still had my morning cup of coffee... and in my new seasonal mug, no less.
Don't forget to enter the giveaway from Simply Modern Designs! It only goes until December 15th, so hurry, hurry!
This recipe was modified from: MyRecipes.com