Gingerbread Muffins

5:00 AM


I wasn't a big fan of gingerbread until Clark and I got married. It was never a tradition in my parents' home, and therefore I never developed a taste. Clark, however, loves everything that involves molasses and ginger, so I slowly but surely developed a taste for it over the years.

These are Michael approved, as well!

Ingredients:

- 1/3 C unpacked brown sugar
- 1/2 C molasses
- 1/3 C milk
- 1/3 C vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 C unbleached, all purpose flour
- 1 C whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves

Directions:

- Preheat oven to 400 and prepare your muffin pan.
- Whisk together your molasses, brown sugar, milk, oil, and egg.
- Add your dry ingredients until the mix is well combined.

- Use 1/4 C for each muffin, approximately. Makes 12 to 15 muffins, depending on how much you use for each one.

- Bake for 16 to 20 minutes. Let cool before devouring.


If you wanted to add a little icing, it would definitely spruce these up and pass them off as "cupcakes"... even if they aren't quite as light.

By the way, today is your last day to enter the Simply Modern Designs and Relay for Life giveaways... so DO IT!

This recipe was adapted from: The Sisters Cafe.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I have already chosen this recipe for my Christmas sweet basket and hope to make it well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad! Thanks for visit. I hope they turn out wonderfully delicious for you!

      Delete