It's the end of the [year] as we know it...

7:55 AM

I am SO ready for 2013!

2012 hasn't been awful, but 2011 and 2012 definitely had more bumps in the road than I ever could have predicted. They weren't exactly as I envisioned they would be... but, then, what year has been?

Our Christmas vacation was wonderful. We got some much needed time with my side of the family. I always know when we have a wonderful time because I don't have a TON of pictures. This means that I was so distracted with the family-wonderful-togetherness that I forgot all about pictures. But, here are some that I did capture....











We felt so blessed to have a white Christmas and Michael got to experience play-time in the snow (which he loved). He screamed every time Papa or Dada tried to bring him inside from playing. He loves being too cold over being too hot, so it only makes sense he loves playing in the snow.

I haven't laid out my New Year's Resolutions yet. I'm struggling a little bit, if I'm being honest. Every year starts out with so many expectations and high hopes and then December 31st rolls around and I tend to feel like I failed because I didn't "stick to the plan".

I think this year I'm making resolutions sweet and simple, and remembering to focus on what's important. After all, I don't want to start the New Year worrying about new recipes, cleaning the house, or keeping up with the world. I'd rather greet the New Year cuddling with my babies and focusing on how wonderfully blessed I am.

I have a roof over my head, food on my table, wonderful family, the sweetest pets, encouraging friends, and the love of Christ. How could I wish for more?

Happy New Year, everyone! I hope you start the New Year in a way that's the best for you.

Don't forget to check back tomorrow for the winner of the Diana Meredith Designs giveaway! If you haven't entered yet, today's your last chance!

You Might Also Like

0 comments