Christmas Mama and Michael

5:00 AM


Perhaps you have a holiday party or two to attend this season, Newfangled readers?

I love helping plan outfits, and Emily asked me to virtually lend a hand for an "in-between" holiday look. Something to help you make it from Thanksgiving to Christmas with ease.

So let's build a fab ensemble meant for sipping and mingling the night away, shall we? Just not too late! Michael has a bedtime to keep. ;)

ON MAMA

TOP // MODCLOTH
The tunic top is a staple now! This easy shape is perfect for pairing with a statement necklace (which I'll get to in a minute), and for not worrying about that extra lovin' all the holiday goodies can add to the midsection. I don't know about you, but I have a permanent "food baby" this time of year! Navy looks clean and chic, and I love it as an alternative to black.

NECKLACES & BRACELET // http://www.etsy.com/shop/mintlilly
These agate necklaces make a statement, simply. A sweet icy blue bracelet brings something unexpected and earthy.

LEGGINGS // OLD NAVY
On to the bottoms ... At just $10 a pop, you can't afford to not have these babies in your closet. I think they make this look breezy, as opposed to structured, which is easy to fall into with a basic black trouser. Because I know that Emily and hubby Clark like to keep it casual, I say let the top be dressy, and allow total comfort on bottom! And yes, I'm asking you to trust me on pairing navy and black. When done correctly, it works. I promise!

FLATS // SOLE SOCIETY
If you'll be standing around while you chat, it's best to select a shoe that adds both glamour and comfort. I'm not a huge fan of boots at holiday parties, myself, but I think these embellished flats are just right.

FOR MICHAEL

SWEATER // OLD NAVY
Keep Baby Boy cute and cozy, in colors to complement Mama. I also love that this sweater is heavyweight cotton. I never put my babe in a fabric I wouldn't wear myself. (Wool? No, thank you!)

CORDUROYS // SHAUN WHITE FOR TARGET
I always like an alternative to denim or cargoes for little boys; I think these on-trend, fine wale corduroys are just the ticket.

BOOTS // TARGET
I love these boots so much that I wish they made them in my size, and I definitely want to snag a pair for my daughter Maile, even though they're made for boys. These beauties feature faux fur lining, and a thick, textured rubber sole. They look like Dr. Martens or Red Wings, without the hefty price tag.

BEAR // MEILINGER ZITA
Emily told me that Michael hasn't gotten attached to a "lovey" yet, and I thought this bear was so cute, I had to include him. Zita makes beautiful one-of-a-kind handmade rag dolls and bears, all from natural fabrics and felts.

Happy Holidays!


ANNNNND...

Congratulations to Kasey Conn, winner of the Simply Modern Designs giveaway! Contact Sara through her Facebook page to receive your fabulous prize.

Congratulations to Donna Earl, winner of the Team Fearless: Relay For Life giveaway. You donated a wonderful $10 towards an amazing cause, and it definitely helped you win the great giveaway! Serena will be contacting you to get your information!

You Might Also Like

0 comments