Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies

5:00 AM


Mint and chocolate are two of my favorite things. Just so you know, my site will definitely be featuring more than one minty dessert.

I made these for the first time last year and revisited the recipe before deciding to share. I wanted to make it positively perfect. To me, these are the ideal dessert. Enough to satisfy a chocolate craving, minty goodness, and rich enough to keep you from eating the whole batch! I hope you enjoy!

SUPPLIES:

- 1 C Butter or Margarine, softened
- 1 1/4 C Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- 2 C All Purpose, Unbleached Flour
- 2/3 C Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 to 2 C Nestle Dark Chocolate and Mint Chips


Directions:

-Preheat your oven to 350.
- Blend together the Butter/Margarine and Sugar in a large bowl. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each one. Add the vanilla, then set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, blend together the flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda. Slowly add this mixture to the butter mixture until well blended. You may have to forgo your mixer and just use a wooden spoon or spatula. Add the salt.


- Mix in the chocolate/mint chips.
*Note: If you cannot find these, or don't like mint, regular semi-sweet chips work! You can also mix the semi-sweet chips with 3/4 tsp mint extract to achieve a similar taste!*

- Use a cookie scoop to put these on a prepared sheet. If you do not have a cookie scoop, I would suggest putting them in the fridge for an hour and using your hands to roll them into doughs (kind of like you would with peanut butter cookies-- then using a fork to "criss-cross" them).

- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Yes, I realize this is a wide range of time, but it really depends on your oven. At our old apartment they only took 11 minutes, whereas here they take around 15. If the edges are getting a little crispy, and a toothpick is coming out 95% clean, you are good to go!

Trust me when I say you need a glass of milk to go with these cookies! Hope you enjoy!

Don't forget to enter the Simply Modern Designs giveaway and the Relay for Life benefit/giveaway!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Thanks for becoming a follower, Kathy! I will definitely join your blog hop, thanks for the invite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your recipe here! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! I hope you visit again and find new recipes that you like just as much!

      Delete