Sweet Basil Turkey Meatballs

6:00 AM


While you are reading this I am on an airplane (or waiting to be on an airplane) with Michael, on our way to visit my parents and see my sweet niece (and my sister and brother-in-law, too, of course). By the way, in case you didn't know, my sister is Katie from See You There. Make sure to visit her site!

This is one of my favorite recipes to make when I don't have a whole lot of time. They aren't time consuming, they're delicious, and if you're craving Italian (and have a love for Basil), then these are for you!

Ingredients:

- 1 lb white ground turkey meat
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1/8 to 1/4 C freshly chopped basil
- 1/2 C whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 jar of your favorite marinara
*Note: If you are serving these over pasta, or to your family, using two jars of sauce doesn't hurt!*

Directions:

- Pour your marinara sauce into a large pot (big enough for all your meatballs). Warm it over medium-low heat until boiling. Make sure to turn it to simmer and cover it AS SOON as it starts to boil. Don't want sauce all over your stove!
- Mix all your ingredients together (except the marinara sauce, of course) in a large bowl.
- Measure your meatballs as you please. I just rolled them in my hands, so I didn't measure them. I'd say around 2 tablespoons of meat or so.

- Put the meatballs into the marinara, spread out as much as possible. Cover the pot and cook for 25 to 45 minutes. Serve on their own or as you please!

Quick, easy, and delicious!

For more meatball recipes, check these out.

Hoison-Glazed Meatballs.


Meatballs & Zucchini "pasta".

Swedish Meatballs.

You Might Also Like

0 comments