Date Night

6:30 AM

(Cartoon from Everyday People)
Date nights are very important to a couple's relationship. Even if you don't have kids yet, like my husband and me, just because you're married doesn't mean you should stop spending time together. Even if it's hard with work schedules, or school schedules, or what have you-- you need to set aside time to really spend together.

Lately Clark has been working a lot, and my school work had been controlling my life. I don't think we had really spent time together since the beginning of November. Oh, sure. I'd cook dinner for him and he'd tell me how wonderful it is, and we'd sit on the couch and play a game or watch a movie. While that's wonderful for most of the time, every now and then you need to get out. This is not just the aftermath of breaking my cabin fever, by the way. Dates are necessary when you're in a relationship. I mean real dates. Dressing up, going out, and enjoying time with that amazing person of yours.

So, even though Christmas is right around the corner, pick a night to spend specifically with that special someone. Go to dinner, a movie, a martini bar: whatever your style is, do it. You need to appreciate your significant other that God blessed you with, especially at Christmas time!

You Might Also Like

0 comments