Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins

7:41 AM


As this blog progresses, you will find that I am positively addicted to muffins. Once again, I think this is something that runs in my family. I grew up with blueberry muffins, oatmeal muffins, pumpkin muffins, banana nut muffins, and so many more. I have learned to love the smell, taste, and feel of muffins in the morning. I know that may sound strange, but it's so true.

This morning with the snow coming down picture perfectly, the fire going, and being up earlier than many cars on the road, I decided it was a muffin morning.

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffin Morning, to be exact. (Try saying that five times fast!)

Like I mentioned, I grew up with oatmeal muffins. They were my absolute favorite of my mom's homemade breakfast delights. So, I've taken her original recipe and given it a few tweaks here and there to make it my own.

Supplies:


- 1 C of Oats
- 1 C of Buttermilk
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 C Molasses

- 1 C Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda

-1/4 C of Milk

-1/2 C Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

Directions:

- Combine the 1 C of Oats and 1 C of Buttermilk in a large bowl and let them soak in the fridge for 30 minutes. About fifteen minutes or so in (depending on your oven), preheat your oven to 400 degrees.

- Once the oats and buttermilk are done soaking, take them out of the fridge and add the 1 Egg and 1/4 C of Molasses. Mix well.

- In a separate, smaller, bowl, combine the 1 C of Wheat Flour, 1 tsp of Baking Powder, and 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda. Stir this combination.

- Add the flour mixture to the oats mixture. Mix this well. It will be thick, so I always add about 1/4 C of milk to it. Makes it easier to stir and such!

- Add 1/2 C of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and stir well!

- Scoop the Mixture into a greased muffin pan. Fill each hole almost to the brim.


- Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes. I would suggest starting off with fifteen minutes and checking on them about every seven minutes or so!

- Remove the muffins from the pan almost immediately, transfer to a cooling rack, and let them cool for at least five minutes. I'm awful about following this rule because I'm typically making them when I'm hungry, but trust me: let them cool.



This makes about 12-18 muffins. Double up if you're having company over, and enjoy!

You Might Also Like

0 comments